Monday, March 11, 2013

Weighing in on the "Best Bars Ever"

So as I watch the second to last episode of The Biggest Loser I decided I wanted to make dessert.  Over the weekend we had a very down-played snow storm.  I didn't leave the house today, NOR did I get dressed.  The snow-day perk of being a housewife. (I will note: my Mr. rarely comes home to me in my pjs.)

My goal is to make supper with items I have already bought (buying very few ingredients to pull it all together), so tonight was Creamy Pesto Chicken with Linguine. It's from Pampered Chef, if enough as for it I will share the recipe, but onto dessert!

On Pinterest, when anyone claims "the Best _____ Ever"  I feel the need to challenge them.  This time it was "the Best Bars Ever."  I found the recipe at Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats

I would like to petition Pinterest (love you, Pinterest) to add a search function that allows you to search YOUR boards.  Many times I know I have pinned something and want to have that exact pin but have to search through 100's to find it. And while we are at it, I would like to petition Pinterest to make subBoards.  Like Recipes: Desserts, Recipes: Drinks THEN make it super easy and fast to organize them into sub categories.   

So back to the "Best Bars Ever."  I tried the batter as I was making the bars and it was pretty damn good.  And my verdict?!?  You'll have to make them and judge them for yourself because when it comes down to it, it's all a matter of opinion, but I will be making these a regular at my house.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure those look like my Saturday dessert! Can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete